Hello everyone! I hope you’re having a wonderful day so far 🙂 I can’t believe it’s almost the end of the year! It’s been a long time since I’ve posted something book-related, and a lot of that has to do with the fact that I didn’t read a whole lot the past couple of months when I was at school (as in, I didn’t finish a single book that I wasn’t assigned to read for class). I cannot wait to get back to reading now that the semester is over, so I thought I’d share some of the books I plan on reading:
- Each title is linked to the book’s Goodreads page!
- If I have a review for the book, it will be beneath the title (I will keep this updated)!
- *This symbol means this book is not currently released, and I will be reading an ARC version of it. For more information on how I get my ARCs, see this page.
- Rebel by Marie Lu (Science Fiction, Fantasy)
- This is the 4th book in the Legend series, one of my favorite series of all time (and probably my favorite YA series, not counting Harry Potter as YA)
- I’m ashamed to admit I haven’t finished it yet since I pre-ordered it and have had it since its release date in October, but I’m almost done and wanted to be in a relaxed environment so I could enjoy it properly
- Warcross by Marie Lu (Science Fiction, Fantasy)
- I read the first book in this series (Warcross) last summer and really enjoyed it, but I never got around to finishing this one
- There’s Something About Sweetie by Sandhya Menon (Romance/Contemporary)
- Indian American YA Author!
- The sequel to When Dimple Met Rishi, which I read last summer and loved
- The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak (Historical Fiction)
- I love this book.
- HIS WRITING STYLE (insert heart eye emojis…a lot of them)
- Foul is Fair* ARC by Hannah Capin (Contemporary)
- A modern-day retelling of Shakespeare’s Macbeth
- I was invited to be on the blog tour for this book, so I’m reading an advanced reader’s copy!
- Release Date: 2/4/2020
- Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen (Classics, Fiction, Romance)
- I love Jane Austen.
- I’m aiming to read one of her books every year, and last winter break I read Persuasion.
- I was compelled to buy this collector’s edition copy of it when I was visiting the City Lights Bookstore in San Francisco recently, so now I don’t have an excuse to not read it!
- Talking to Strangers: What We Should Know About the People We Don’t Know by Malcolm Gladwell (Psychology/Science/Sociology)
- Started listening to the audiobook a couple of weeks ago
- I’m always intrigued by the psychology of human behavior, especially in social settings, so I’m excited to learn more!
- Becoming by Michelle Obama (Autobiography)
- Somewhat started it last December; don’t usually read too many autobiographies, but I look up to Michelle Obama (as does basically everyone on the planet), and want to read what she has to say!
Thank you so much for reading!
What books are you hoping to read soon? I’d love to know in the comments below!
One response to “Upcoming Reads: Winter Break TBR”
I hope you can get to all of them! I’m hoping to read the sky weaver and children of virtue and vengeance!
LikeLiked by 1 person