Hello! I’ve had a pretty crazy week and not a lot of time to write on account of work and being sick, so today I’m going to be sharing a playlist I made last year based on the character Daniel “Day” Altan Wing from the Legend trilogy by Marie Lu. I started making book playlists a while back when I realized I would start thinking of certain fictional characters when I would listen to particular songs (here’s the link to the first one I shared on this blog). The Legend trilogy is one of my favorite YA series of all time, only paralleled by Harry Potter. I’ve read it countless times, and it’s the series that got me into the YA science fiction genre. Although June is definitely my favorite protagonist of the series because I relate more to her personality, I just ended up finding more songs that went along with Day’s POV (although some of them address both!). I won’t tell you why I chose each song and how I think each relates to Day and his journey here, but I’d love to hear your thoughts and discuss/answer any questions down below!
“Each day means a new twenty-four hours. Each day means everything’s possible again. You live in the moment, you die in the moment, you take it all in one day at a time.”Legend, Marie Lu
- All of the Stars by Ed Sheeran
- Photograph by Ed Sheeran
- The Theory of Everything by Jóhan Johannsson
- A Model of the Universe by Jóhan Johannsson
- A Million Dreams by Kim Bo
- Maybe IDK by Haley Klinkhammer
- You Are The Reason by Calum Scott
- Things I’d Do for U by Astronomyy
- Shine A Light by BANNERS
- A Little Too Much by Shawn Mendes
- Say You Won’t Let Go by KHS
- As Long As You Love Me by Sleeping At Last
- I’ll Be Good by Jaymes Young
- Happier by Ed Sheeran
- Save Myself by Ed Sheeran
- Hey Now by Gio Navas –> fun fact: this song was actually written about Day and June! Check out the songwriter here; she’s pretty amazing!
Thanks for reading/listening, and I hope you have an amazing day and rest of your week!